Friday, February 6, 2009

Several Sources Report - Chiefs Hired Todd Haley

The front page of the KC Star, as well as several other sources (although nothing official from Pioli or Hunt, yet), say that the Chiefs have hired Arizona Cardinal's offensive coordinator, Todd Haley to be the 11th head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. 

Haley is a protege of Pioli's father-in-law, Bill "Big Tuna" Parcells, and worked with Pioli during their mutual time with the New York Jets. This is consistent with the "Patriot Way" that I mentioned before. It's been kept in "the family", so to speak. And with a veil of secrecy tighter than Tony Soprano's Freemason tax attorney. 

OK, so there it is, kids. Next up - - who will be the coordinators, and how will they spend that dumpster full of cash they have under the cap? 


4 comments:

  1. Yee haw! Now if we can only convince Tony G to stay, I don't really care if Larry "It's all about me" Johnson stays or goes. He is turning into the T.O. of running backs. With @22mil under the cap we should be able to buy what we need to rebuild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Star was putting the cap number closer to $38 mil. Either way, I'd stand in line if they were handing it out. The only problem with Johnson is that Carl structured his contract so that cutting him screws the team for years, and his street value is about on par with a half-eaten Snickers bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard we were $22mil under the $38 league cap for this year but maybe I didn't hear it right. As you said LJ is going to be a problem either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I see I got my number mixed up. I just read we are $38mil under as well. The real question I have is, will we ever see a first round pick that isn't a disappointment? Dorsey has been a dud but that may be due to the scheme not the talent.

    ReplyDelete