Friday, January 23, 2009

Herm gone? Careful What You Ask For...

Ratbert? Are you kidding me?

Sure, I called the fact that Herm would be gone by now. I won. Frickin' dandy. Now the rumor mill is cranking out the idea that the Chiefs may be talking to Mike "Ratbert" Shanahan.

What really frightens me, is that this makes so much sense. Shanahan and Belichick are nearly clones. Both are sneaky, cheating, "win by any means" multiple Super Bowl coaches. If Herm and Belichik are opposites, Ratbert and Belichick are evil twins, separated at birth. And, with Tony G's bitching about wanting out if Herm's gone, having his buddy Shannon Sharpe's old coach may keep Tony quiet.

As Mr. Blowfish says, "At least we know he'll teach our line how to spray silicone on their jerseys and chop block."

Ramon T. Peligrosso, who is the demigod of Denver radio, and used to work with Ratbert on his radio show, would quickly remind us that we cheered for a Chiefs' team that was run by Don Corleone.

Ouch. Unfortunately, true.

The best news is that Adam Schefter, the former Broncos' beat writer in his days at the Denver Post, is apparently saying it's not gonna happen. Let's hope. I'd rather they promote Chan Gailey.

2 comments:

  1. I seems to me that every time we have gone after a "proven" head coach we have shot ourselves in the pants. I was never a fan of Herm as he didn't get the Jets to the big show but I don't think he was the only problem either. King Carl had as much or more to do with it as any of our coaches. Look for Carl and Marty reuniting in Tampa?

    I think we need to start with a new coach that has something to prove and that ain't the Rat. Haley would be a great choice but we will have to wait until after the Superbowl to see if he even gets a look.

    I feel two ways about Tony G. Surely he will go into the Hall as one of the greatest TE to ever play the game and I would love to see him be a lifer as a Chief. He really deserves a shot at a ring, he has never coasted. On the other hand, it's a job and he was well paid, you can't take the dough and then whine about it (a la L.J.)

    My $ .02

    Willie the Hammer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with ya on all counts, Willie. I love Tony, but STFU already! If not for the grace of God and the right circumstances, he could be cleaning pools for $10 an hour.

    ReplyDelete